Newsletters

December 2nd Newsletter

Picture of Mrs Doran
December 2nd Newsletter
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 2 December 2016, 3:25 PM

Flumpets

I have been asked by the representatives from St Mary’s Hospice to thank you for your wonderful support shown this week through the sales of their Flumpets.  They were amazed by the number sold.

I also received similar feedback from Mark and Sarah Callaghan who collect shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  They were very surprised by the number of boxes donated by a school the size of ours. 

Christmas Parties

We are all looking forward to the children’s Christmas parties on Thursday 15th.  Please can you send in £2 for your child before Friday 9th December to allow staff time to shop for food and prizes.  The children are welcome to come into school that day in non-uniform/party wear.  However, we will be walking to and from St Peter’s Church in the morning for the Crib Service so please be mindful of this when planning outfits.

Performances

A number of parents have enquired as to whether we will be having Grandparents in the audience for next Friday’s dress rehearsal.  My hope is that the 210 tickets available will be used by both parents and grandparents with additional tickets given as requested after the initial 2 per family have been allocated.  It is necessary to offer only two per family at the first stage to ensure every parent has an opportunity to see their child perform on their preferred evening (or afternoon).  As nice as it would be to have parents, grandparents and siblings in the audience or someone there for each showing, we have been contacted by a number of parents who have said they can only make one of the three performances. 

If there are not enough ‘spare’ tickets in the second allocation for grandparents or other family members, we will of course invite them to Friday’s dress rehearsal.  We are trying distribute tickets as fairly as possible whilst ensuring the safety of the children in our very small hall.  Once again I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Madame Mason

Unfortunately Madame Mason leaves us at the end of this term which means she will no longer be teaching the KS2 children French.  We will be very sad to see Madame Mason leave as the children enjoy her sessions very much.  Languages is an important part of the Primary Curriculum so will be a subject which remains on the children’s timetable.

Extra-Curricular Clubs

Just a reminder that clubs will not be on during the last week due to the many other things going on in school.  Lindal Pre-School will be running the Breakfast and After School Clubs as normal.  I will provide a timetable of clubs for the spring term next week to enable you to plan your childcare arrangements with as much notice as possible.

Achievements

English

Mathematics

Dojo (merit)

Starfish

Joel Salt

Wren Campbell

Lexie Brettle

Seahorses

Courtney Crow

Mya Dobson

Libby Powell

Stingrays

Lachlan Wilson

Grace Heap

Dylon Whitehead

Swordfish

Darwin Kitchin

Martha Ross

Lloyd Heffernan

Diary Dates

These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week.  More information about each event will be provided nearer the time.

Date

Event

03-12-16

Michaelmas   Fayre – Buccleuch Hall

09-12-12

Children’s   Christmas Dinner

10-12-12

Choir singing   for Senior Citizens Christmas Dinner

12-12-16

KS1 & KS2   End of term performances, 1:30pm

12-12-16

KS1 & KS2   End of term performances, 5:30pm