Newsletters

January 6th Newsletter

Picture of Mrs Doran
January 6th Newsletter
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 6 January 2017, 2:07 PM

Exciting News!!!

So this happened during our Christmas break!...Miss Hair became Mrs Elliott.  The wedding took place on December 22nd at Abbey House Hotel.  It was a fabulous day with the sun shining brightly for the beautiful bride.  I am sure you will join me in congratulating the gorgeous couple and wishing them a long and happy life together.

Uniform

The votes are in and I can now confirm what the new uniform for September 2017 will be.  The white shirt was overwhelmingly more popular than the blue shirt as was the tartan and navy choice for skirts and pants compared to either just navy or just charcoal. The choice of tie was very close with the blue-two stripe being the most popular by only two votes. 

Whilst everyone may not be happy with the variation if it was not your preferred choice, the move to a cotton shirt, V-neck jumper with small logo and a tie has been very well received with positive feedback from the vast majority. 

The important thing is that not only will the new uniform be smarter and reflect our high standards, it will offer parents more choice.  If parents preferred to buy uniform items from supermarkets or M&S for example, they can then be taken to an embroidery shop and have the smaller logo put on.  Whilst Identity (and possibly Coniston) will provide the tartan skirts/pinafores, parents will also have the freedom to opt for a navy skirt/pinafore instead and these can be purchased from a wider variety of shops and suppliers offering more choice for quality and affordability. 

I would like to thank you all for responding to the consultation and for being very open in sharing your views. 

Extra-Curricular Clubs

Just a quick reminder that clubs will not start until the week commencing 16th January.  This is with the exception of Tom’s paid club which will start next Thursday.  Please see the letter sent home today for more details.