Newsletters

January 20th Newsletter

Picture of Mrs Doran
January 20th Newsletter
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 20 January 2017, 5:09 PM

Uniform Update

Since informing you about the outcome of the uniform consultation, Identity have provided us with a sample of the tartan pinafore and although the majority of parents/staff chose the 2 stripe blue tie, on reflection, this would not go as well with the pinafore which will sit close to the tie on the neck line.  I have spoken to staff, governors and several parents, all of which are in agreement that the red one stripe tie will complement the tartan much better.  I apologise for the change in decision however it is important to have a change of mind at this stage than a uniform we are not happy with. 

I have been asked by a number of parents when the new uniform will be available.  Identity will be providing the new items from now.  I am currently working with Coniston and Tesco regarding their supply so will update you as soon as possible.

We would like to give each child their first school tie as a gift to celebrate the change in uniform and these will be distributed in the summer term.

Assessment

I am very excited to tell you about a new project we are working on in partnership with the University of Cumbria.  Myself, Mr Procter and Miss White have recently undertaken training in ‘ActivExpressive’ technology.  These are hand held devices (similar to Blackberry phones) that the children will use every day in the classroom.  We have been given 96 devices and the accompanying software in return for undertaking active research into how the devices can impact positively on teaching and learning.

These devices will strengthen our already excellent assessment procedures whilst helping us manage teacher workload.  We hope to give you a brief demonstration during a Big Maths information evening which you will soon be invited to. 

Friends of Lamps

Thank you to all parents who contributed to the Friends meeting last Monday.  The meeting discussed future fundraising events which include a possible Valentines Disco, Bingo Night, Coffee Morning (held at the Coronation Hall), and the annual Plant Sale.

We would like to ask for donations of raffle prizes for both the Bingo Night and the Coffee Morning.  As always, the success of these events relies on your continued support and generosity for which we forever grateful for.

Achievements

English

Mathematics

Dojo   (merit)

Starfish

Francisca   Robinson Graves

Archie   Slater

Ethan   Bravery Matheson

Seahorses

Harry   Webb

Will   Parton

Courtney   Crowe

Stingrays

Dylon   Whitehead

Daniel   Marshall

Imogen   Brettle

Swordfish

Lucy   Doyle

Noah   Seath

Imogen   Hill

Birthdays

Birthday wishes this week go to two members of the Stingray Class.  Grace (Yr 4) celebrated her 9th birthday on Tuesday and Jamie (Yr 4) will also be 9 on Sunday.  We hope you both enjoy your celebrations.

Diary Dates

These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week.  More information about each event will be provided nearer the time.

Date

Event

20-01-17

African Drumming Workshop

25-01-17

Dowdales taster day for Year 5,

26-01-17

Music Day & Samba Workshops

03-02-17

Indoor Athletics, Year 2, Dowdales, 3:45 – 4:45pm

08-02-17

Class 1 & 2 visit to Forum 28, Room on the Broom