Newsletters

April 7th Newsletter

Picture of Mrs Doran
April 7th Newsletter
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 7 April 2017, 4:49 PM

Thank you

I would like to thank all of our parents, grandparents and volunteers for the extensive support that we have received this term.  We are very lucky to always be able to rely on our parents for transportation which means our pupils are able to attend the number of sporting events that they do.  We have also seen excellent rates of progress in reading across the whole school which is due to our parents conscientiously making sure the children read regularly and also the number of volunteers that we have coming into school and supporting reading in the classroom.  I would like to especially thank one of our grandparents, Mr D’Aith, who has assisted me in Class 2 on a Monday morning and has provided high quality support in our maths lessons.  Unfortunately Mr D’Aith will not be continuing after Easter due to other commitments but myself and the class would like to say a huge thank you.

Extra Curricular Clubs

Please note that extra-curricular clubs will be changing after Easter.  I have provided you with a timetable to help you plan for childcare.  The timetable is also available on the school website.  A letter will be sent in the first week back with a permission slip that will need to signed and returned.  We aim for the clubs to commence from Tuesday 2nd May although Brass and KS2 Athletics with Tom will begin the first week.

Breakfast and After-School Club – Poling Day

Local elections will be happening on Thursday, May 4th.  Buccleuch Hall will be used as a Poling Station for this area so will not be available to Lindal Pre-School for their usual activities.  Therefore, Breakfast and After-School Club will be held in school.

Summer Uniform

The current summer uniform for girls is either a pale blue gingham dress or a navy blue gingham dress.  However, this is completely optional.  Girls are also welcome to wear uniform shorts.  I would ask that parents refrain from sending children in open toed sandals as these are not practical on the playground from a health and safety point of view.

When we move to our new uniform from September, the summer dress option for girls will be navy gingham only.

Achievements

English

Mathematics

Dojo   (merit)

Starfish

Jessica   Ellis

Sebastian   Kilty

Archie   Slater

Seahorses

Harry   Webb

Mya   Dobson

Lewis   Walker

Stingrays

Harry   Mayou

Daniel   Marshall

Esmee   Pybis

Swordfish

Lucy   Doyle

Tom   Mason

Sophie   Iveson

Well done to the Year 3 and 4 boys who received a certificate for participating in the Dowdales Football event this week and came 3rd.  Also, well done to the Year 5 and 6 girls who participated and came 4th.  An excellent result all round.  We also handed out 7 handwriting pens and certificates today and 2 extra special maths awards to two children who have completed all of their Learn Its. Excellent work everyone!

Diary Dates

These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week.  More information about each event will be provided nearer the time.

Date

Event

24-04-17

Return for   summer term

24-04-17

Brass Club

24-04-17

Bright Sparks   Workshop, Year 3/4, 9:30am – 12pm

27-04-17

Anthony Wright   photographs

01-05-17

Bank Holiday –   School Closed