Newsletters

September 8th Newsletter

Picture of Mrs Doran
September 8th Newsletter
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 15 September 2017, 2:59 PM

Firstly can I welcome you all back to school life with a special welcome to our new reception parents and their families.  We have 7 pupils joining us this year and they have settled very well and adjusted to the new environment and new routines.  Even on Monday staff commented that it was as if they’d already been with us a year! I would also like to welcome The Semple Family and the Munro Family to Lindal and Marton.  We are thrilled that you have chosen our school for your children and we hope you are already feeling happy and settled.

Unfortunately I have not been able to spend much time in school this week due to unforeseen personal circumstances but I was in school on Monday and thought the children looked amazing in their new uniforms, I hope they are as happy with their new look as we are.

We have chosen a tree theme for class names this year as we are enhancing our outdoor environment and provision:

Reception and Year 1:   Acorns Class

Year 2 and Year 3:        Rowan Class

Year 4:                         Willow Class

Year 5 and Year 6:        Sycamore Class

Communication

You will continue to receive a weekly newsletter every Friday which will contain news on any events happening in school, awards/certificates that are presented, diary dates and children’s birthdays.  The newsletter is also available on the school’s website and is usually published on Friday afternoon.  Class teachers also send out a termly newsletter which gives details specific to their class such as topics studied and class trips.  Look out for these on Monday.  They will also be published on the class pages of the website and these pages are being updated over the next week or so.  The school website also displays useful information such as the Extra-Curricular Club timetable.

In this entrance we also have a book for each infant class for any messages regarding collection at the end of the day.  You can record in these books whether your child is to be collected by another parent or is attending the After-School club etc.  Please note that these message books are not a method of booking places in the Breakfast and After School Club as parents need to use Lindal Pre-School’s own booking system for this.

Teachers are also available to chat briefly with each morning or after school, although, we appreciate that most of our parents work so please feel free to use email, Dojo, Reading Records or Homework Books as a method of communication.  If you do need additional time for a discussion or have any concerns you would like to discuss then please contact your child’s class teacher who will be happy to arrange a time for a meeting.

Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for regular updates and pictures celebrating everything that goes on in school.  If you do not have a Twitter account, the Twitter feed is displayed on the school webpage. Parents are also invited to join the Friends of LAMPS Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsoflamps/ and here you will always find information regarding any events organised by the Friends.

Extra-Curricular Clubs

Clubs will begin next Monday so if you would like your child to participate in any of our after school activities, please ensure forms are returned with the permission slip signed.  If your child is to be collected after an activity by Lindal Pre School to attend their After School Club, they must be booked in.  If your child is not booked in and does not appear on the register then we will be unable to release them without contacting you for consent.  If you have any difficulties with the booking system please contact either Pre-School staff or Mrs Gallagher and we will endeavor to solve any issues.

Parking

Can I give a polite reminder about parking.  I know the weather has been atrocious which has resulted in more cars needing to park but please can I ask that you be respectful to our neighbours.  Parking opposite the school is for School Terrace residents only and neither should this area be used as a turning point as this puts both pupils and parents at risk.  Please also be mindful of children and parents needing to use the footpath on School Terrace to be able to walk to the school gate safely.  Therefore this area of pavement leading to this footpath should not be used to park either.

In dry weather, our older, more responsible children could be dropped off at The Green and encouraged to walk up to school (using the path) independently. 

Diary Dates

These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week.  More information about each event will be provided nearer the time.

Date

Event

11-09-17

Swimming   starts for Year 5/6

11-09-17

Extra-Curricular   Clubs begin

27-09-17

Jester 4 Jesus   Assembly

08-10-17

Harvest   Festival Church Service, 9:30am

20-10-17

Finish for   half term break