Newsletters

November 10th Newsletter

Picture of Mrs Doran
November 10th Newsletter
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 10 November 2017, 2:02 PM

Book Sale

Thank you to all of our parents and children that have donated books for the book sale held today.  It is wonderful to see our School Council organising this event to raise money which will enable them to purchase gifts for the senior citizens Christmas lunch.  It has also been excellent to see the children so enthusiastic about books and excited to be able to browse and buy.

Hockey

Mrs Elliott and Mr Procter took two teams to a hockey competition last Friday.  Both teams played fantastically and our first team managed, after a few tense moments, to score in extra time and win this round.  They now go through to the area finals which is due to be played next Wednesday afternoon.

Samlesbury Hall Visit – Positive Feedback

Class 3 and Class 4 visited Samlesbury Hall in Preston this week as part of their British Clothing topic.  The children learnt about traditions and customs in Tudor times.  It was a beautiful setting and we all enjoyed the day.  Our pupils were given very high praise from ‘Mistress Marjorie’ who spent the day with us.  Mistress Marjorie works with children from all around Cumbria and Lancashire and she was astounded at how attentive our children were, their excellent manners, how neat and tidy they were presented and also how neat and tidy they left the various areas used whilst we were at the hall.  She asked me to convey the message that ‘they are a credit to their parents and their keepers.’

Dog Fouling

I would like to share my concerns about dog fouling in Lindal.  Whilst I cannot imagine that any of our parents are walking their dogs and allowing them to foul on the pavements, it is definitely a problem at the moment.  We encourage our pupils and parents to walk up the lane to school and we have pupils who attend Breakfast and After School Club who walk up and down Pit Lane each day.  It frustrates me that this walk is spoilt by the need to dodge the dog dirt and that dog owners are being so irresponsible by the school, the park and Buccleuch Hall where they should realise there will be children.  I have contacted the council about this, for whatever help they can offer, and I’ve spoken to the children about being more careful especially when kicking up the fallen leaves which they love to do at this time of year.

Non-Uniform Day

Just a quick reminder that next Friday is non-uniform day for Children in Need.  The children can come to school in spotty themed clothes for a donation of £1 which will go to Children in Need.

Achievements

English

Mathematics

Dojo (merit)

Acorns

Juliette Mudd

Ethan Bravery Matheson

Sadie Hutt

Rowan

William Smith

William Semple

Ben Rixom

Willow

Yasmin Boyde

Imogen Brettle

Maisy McKenzie   Netherwood

Sycamore

Lachlan Wilson

Reuben Ceansu

Darwin Kitchin

I was very pleased to be able to hand out 4 handwriting pens and certificates this week.  All four went to children in Rowan Class who have clearly been working hard on improving their handwriting and presentation skills.

Diary Dates

These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week.  More information about each event will be provided nearer the time.

Date

Event

14-11-17

Dance for Life   Day

15-11-17

Year 3/4   Hockey Finals, 1-3pm @ Dowdales

16-11-17

After School   Club taking place @ LAMPS

17-11-17

Year 2/3 visit   to Ulverston Fire Station

17-11-17

Indoor   Athletics Event, Year 5/6, DASH 1-3pm