Newsletters

January 19th Newsetter

Picture of Mrs Doran
January 19th Newsetter
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 19 January 2018, 2:53 PM

Fussell’s Travel Service

You may or may not know that we book all of our residential school trips through Fussell’s Travel Service.  We choose Fussell’s because they think of every detail and provide fantastic itineraries that offer a wide range of experiences for our pupils.  I would like to make you aware of a service that they are now offering to parents.  If you are thinking about booking a city trip to London or York for your family, you can now do this with Fussell’s.  Because we are a school who use them for trips and coach bookings, they will make a donation to LAMPS for every trip booked by one of our families.

Extra-Curricular Clubs

We are very proud of the number and the variety of clubs that we are able to offer this term.  However, we have had a number of difficulties this week that have prevented the clubs from starting on time.  This has been largely due to KS2 children not knowing what clubs they have been signed up for.  There have been several instances this week of children not knowing where they should be and also instances of children being signed up for a club which they are not happy about and being upset about having to go.  All of these issues take time to deal with so can we please ask that you discuss with your child what clubs they are attending and ensure that either they are happy to be in that club or understand that it is a club you have chosen because you want them to be in it.

Dolce Catering

Dolce, the catering company who we contract to provide our dinners, are recruiting staff in this area.  They have asked me to advertise this to parents so if you are interested then you can contact them on the numbers below:

Wendy Farrar – 07795968352

Kerry Weir - 07464481104

Pit Lane - Update

I was very happy to see Cumbria Highways cleaning the road on Monday morning, however by Tuesday it was in just as much of a mess again.  I feel that this may be an ongoing battle until the weather dries up!  The more complaints that Cumbria Highways receive, the more likely they are to impose a more permanent solution so if you too are bothered by the state of the road then please visit their webpage to share your concerns.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/highways-pavements/reporting-problem-on-highway/WDM/default.asp

Phonics Experience and Information Sessions

Reception & Year 1 Parents, I would like to remind you about the phonics sessions that Miss Stewart will be hosting next Friday afternoon.  I recently attended a similar session at my own child’s school and enjoyed it so much I wanted our parents to benefit too.  If you attend the session, not only will you be able to support your child more effectively at home, but you will hopefully enjoy the opportunity to observe them in their learning.  

Achievements

English

Mathematics

Dojo (merit)

Acorns

Max McLachlan

Juliette Mudd

Freddie Munro

Rowan

Bobby Brown

Ashton Wood

Ben Rixom

Willow

Esmee Pybis

Seth Turner

Ezri Kitchin

Sycamore

Josh Eaglestone

Sam Powell

Harry Mayou

Diary Dates

These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week.  More information about each event will be provided nearer the time.

Date

Event

19-01-18

Philosophy 4 Children Day

22-01-18

Tickets go on   sale for KS1 Ulverston Voices

25-01-18

Year 5 Taster   Day @ Dowdales (pupils to be transported by Dowdales)

26-01-18

Parents   Phonics information & experience session (R/1)

02-02-18

Year 5/6 visit   to Dowdales to watch Legally Blonde performance

06-02-18

Ulverston   Voices workshop for Year 2 and 3

21-02-18

Ulverston   Voices performances

09-02-18

Last day of   half term

19-02-18

Return to   school

27-02-18

Siemens in   school to work with KS1