Newsletters

23rd February 2018

Picture of Mrs Doran
23rd February 2018
by Mrs Doran - Friday, 23 February 2018, 5:34 PM

Thank you

I would like to say a huge thank you to Lindal Ladies Charity Group.  I was invited to their Afternoon Tea and presentation on Saturday 10th February and I was thrilled to be presented with a cheque for £350.  Lindal Ladies have been very generous to us again this year and I am looking forward to using their donation to put towards some new outdoor furniture.

Staffing changes

We would like to welcome Mrs Clayton to LAMPS.  Mrs Clayton will be joining us for a short period whilst we advertise for a new Sports Apprentice to replace Mr Vial.  Mr Vial has now completed his level 2 qualification and so leaves us this week.  Mrs Clayton will be assisting in the supervision of children on the playground, delivering interventions and also delivering extra-curricular activities.  We are very lucky to have someone as qualified and experienced as Mrs Clayton joining our team for this time.

Year 2 & Year 6 visit to UVHS

Just a reminder to the parents of children in Year 2 and Year 6 that your children will be visiting UVHS this week to take part in the emotional resilience event that they have organised.  Year 2 parents need to drop their children off at the main entrance at 8:50am where you will be met by Miss Whyte, Mrs Covey and Mrs Jarvis.  Year 6 children will be transported by coach later in the morning and the Year 2 pupils will return on this coach.  The children do not need to take anything on the day but must be in full uniform.

ATTENTION DOG WALKERS!!!

In a previous newsletter I shared my concern about the amount of dog dirt on Pit Lane asking parents and children to be cautious when walking.  I am pleased to say that the Parish Council have arranged for a dog poo bag dispenser to be installed outside Buccleuch Hall.  The bags are free to use so hopefully no dog walkers will be in a situation where they are unable to clean up after their dog if it makes a mess.  I’d like to say a huge thank you to Mrs Clough for attending the parish council meeting and sharing these concerns.

World Book Day

We will be celebrating World Book Day on Thursday and Friday next week.  On Thursday we are lucky to have local author, Gill Jepson join us and she will be working with Years 4,5,6 on some book and story writing activities and then sharing one of her own stories with Class 1 at the end of the day.

On Friday the children can come to school in their PJs to celebrate our ‘Bedtime Stories’ theme.  Any children not wishing to come in PJs can bring in a bedtime story instead which they can share with the younger children.

Diary Dates

These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week.  More information about each event will be provided nearer the time.

Date

Event

27-02-18

Year 5 visit to Dowdales

01-03-18

World Book Day

01-03-18

Year 2 and   Year 6 visit to UVHS

02-03-18

World Book Day   – Bed Time Stories – Dress in PJs

08-03-18

Year 5 @ UVHS   for taster day

09-03-18

Fun Sports   Event @ Dowdales, Year 1

12-03-18

Science Week

15-03-18

Science Day –   experiments and activities all day!

16-03-18

KS2 Cross   Country @ Dowdales, 2:30 – 4pm

23-03-18

Netball   Tournament @ Dowdales, 3:45-5pm, Year 5/6

27-03-18

Class 3 UDance   performance, Forum 28

28-03-18

Last day of   term – NO CLUBS, usual finishing time