Senior Citizens Christmas Dinner
Mrs Lawson will be joining our choir at Buccleuch Hall at 3pm to sing for the senior citizens. The choir have been working very hard with both Mrs Lawson and Mrs Hoekstra on their songs and we really appreciate the fact that both children and adults are giving up their time on Saturday to sing. We are also very pleased to be able to contribute 15 raffle prizes for the senior citizens. Mr Procter took some members of our School Council to Asda this week shopping for the items which were purchased using money from the sale of performance tickets.
Our extra-curricular clubs have now finished for the rest of this term. You will soon receive a timetable of the clubs that will be offered next term and then, during the first week back in January, a booking form will become available of Parent Mail.
If after school childcare is required, please ensure your child in booked into the After-School Club which is provided by Lindal Pre-School.
- For the Monday and Tuesday evening performances, we would like the children to return to school for 5pm. If you envisage any difficulties with this due to work and childcare arrangements, then please email school as soon as possible so we can help where possible.
- The performances will begin at 5:30pm and will be finished by approximately 7pm. Class 1 and Class 2 will perform first and we ask that, even if you do not have any children in Class 3 and Class 4, you remain seated for their performance to avoid disruption and ensure that our children are performing to a full audience.
- If your child is performing but you are not in the audience, Class 1 and Class 2 pupils can be collected from 6pm 6:45pm from Mr Procter’s classroom and Class 3 and Class 4 pupils, from 7pm.
- The Tuesday afternoon performance will begin at 1:30pm. We will need adequate time to clean the hall after lunch and set it up with chairs, so please do not arrive earlier than 1:20pm as we will not be ready to open the doors.
- A colour programme containing a cast list and photographs for each production will be available for a small donation.
- Raffle tickets will also be available to purchase.
Next Friday is the official Christmas Jumper Day so pupils are welcome to come into school wearing their jumpers or anything festive. We will also be walking to church for the Crib Service and need parent volunteers to help us keep the children safe. Please let myself or Mrs Brettle know if you are able to help out. We are aiming to leave school for 1:15pm. Children can be taken home after the service but we ask that you collect them from school in the usual way so we can ensure the children are handed over safely.
Please can you check your child’s uniform to ensure that they have not brought home items of clothing belonging to somebody else. It is also worth checking that your child’s name is still inside their uniform as we have had a number of jumpers and cardigans that have been left lying around with no name inside.
Also, as the temperature continues to drop, please can you ensure the children are warm enough to be outside. Their lunch time break can mean at least 45 minutes to an hour playing outside so warm tights, vests and trousers are advised.
Staff will be organising Christmas parties for each class and these will take place on Thursday 19th December. Rather than provide food, like in previous years, we will be asking for a donation of £1.50 for each child which will go toward drinks, nibbles and party prizes. A payment item will become available on Parent Mail next week.
These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week. More information about each event will be provided nearer the time. New dates are highlighted, changes to any date/time are in red.
|09-12-19||Christmas Play Evening Performance, 5:30pm|
|09-12-19||Nasal Flu vaccinations|
|10-12-19||Christmas Play Afternoon Performance, 1:30pm|
|10-12-19||Christmas Play Evening Performance, 5:30pm|
|13-12-19||Crib Service @ St Peter’s Church, 1:15pm|
|15-12-19||Christingle Service, St Peter’s Church|
|16-12-19||Whole School visit to Forum 28 – 12:15pm – Panto|
|17-12-19||Choir singing at Staveley House, 1:45pm|
|17-12-19||Class 2 Christmas Trip|
|18-12-19||Christmas dinner day!|
|20-12-19||Finish for Christmas break|