Thank you to all those who came this afternoon to watch the Summer Concert. It is a great opportunity for the whole school to perform to an audience of their friends and family. Thank you to Mrs Lawson for organizing the event and also to the class teachers and Mrs Hoekstra for working so hard with the children to practice and learn their songs.
This week, Mr Procter took a team of Year 5 pupils to UVHS to take part in a STEM competition. The children were tasked to design and conduct an experiment which they then presented at UVHS. A STEM ambassador from Siemens Subsea judged the competition and praised our pupils for their ability to talk confidently about what they had done and answer questions independently. We came first and the children received a wonderful ! Well done to all involved.
We have our own STEM event on Monday afternoon next week with Mike, from Siemens, visiting our school to see more investigations that the children have designed and also judge some STEM themed art work for a competition.
Summer Sports Fun Day
On Monday 15th July we will be holding our annual Summer Sports Fun Day at Glaxo Sports Centre. We will be there for the whole day. The children will need to arrive for 8:50am and be collected at 3:15pm. They will need their full school PE kit. If it is a hot day, please ensure your child has adequate sun protection.
Extra-curricular clubs will only run for another week, except for Tuesday morning choir which has now finished. There will be no clubs in the last week of term.
Friends of LAMPS
The Friends have asked me to advertise for the role of a treasurer. Mrs Gallagher was fulfilling this responsibility before she left and although Mrs Brettle is our new Business Administrator, she is also the Chair of the Friends so unable to do both roles. This Treasurer role doesn’t require an accountant but it does need someone who is organised, has a reasonable head for figures, can use spreadsheets and is able to read and understand relevant legislation.
Treasure tasks include:
- Maintaining and tracking details of income and expenditure for PTA
- Preparing a summary of annual income and expenditure (together with supporting information) for an independent review
- Supplying on an annual basis financial and other information to the Charities Commission
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation governing Charities
- Producing adhoc financial information for PTA Chair and Vice-Chair
- Producing a short Treasurer’s report and figures to be presented at PTA meeting (once per term)
- Input into what PTA funds are spent on
- Prepare floats for all PTA events
- Overall responsibility for counting and banking money post-event and producing the profit/loss made at each event
- Responsible for banking other money raised (Raffles, Xmas cards etc)
- Responsible for paying 3rd party suppliers and reimbursing parents by cheque
If you are interested, then please contact Mrs Brettle for further information.
|English||Mathematics||Dojo (merit)||Reading Raffle|
|Joel Salt||Lucas Thornton||Clio Lingard||Milo Morgan|
|Levi Contantini||Max McLachlan||Lewis Cook||Jonah Ceansu|
|Lewis Walker||Orna Lett||Evie Jessett||Sam Doyle|
|Zara Clough||Imogen Brettle||Reuben Ceansu||Reuben Ceansu|
These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week. More information about each event will be provided nearer the time. New dates are highlighted, changes to any date/time are in red.
|10-07-19||Junior Lego Comp, Year 3/4/5, selected pupils|
|10-07-19||Year 3/4 Tennis County Final, selected pupils|
|11-07-19||Year 4/5/6 trip to Fell Foot|
|12-07-19||YMCA Trip, Class 1 and Class 2|
|15-07-19||Summer Sports Fun Day – Glaxo Sports Club (9-3pm)|
|16-07-19||Open Day (KS1 am, KS2 pm)|
|16-07-19||PE Awards Evening at Furness Academy|
|19-07-19||Leaver’s Assembly, 1:30pm|