Lindal & Marton Primary School
LAMPS is a popular and successful non-denominational school in the village of Lindal-in-Furness. The school’s overall effectiveness was rated as “Good” at its latest Ofsted inspection in January 2019. The staff, governors and pupils at LAMPS are proud of our family ethos, and we value the opportunity to welcome you to our school.
LAMPS offers a safe, caring environment, and provides a wealth of learning opportunities that ensures that each child develops socially, academically and emotionally. We are confident that you will find a community where standards of behaviour and respect for others are given the highest priority; where every child is encouraged to strive to achieve their best, and above all an environment where children are happy and eager to learn. If you have not already done so, you are very welcome to visit the school by arrangement.
Learning, Ambition, Motivation and Perseverance lead to Success.
Pit Lane, Lindal-in-Furness, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 0NB
Mrs F. Doran
This will be my last newsletter this year and before giving you all the necessary information about the last week, I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of the support you have given this term. We have such supportive parents and grandparents, who, like us, are fully committed to giving the children the best experiences available and by helping with transport, helping in class and helping us deliver our curriculum (especially in art, PE and languages), we work together to ensure the children get the best possible provision.
I would also like to say a huge thank you to Friends and the many parents and businesses who have donated prizes for our Christmas Raffle. Your generous donations and buying of the tickets is amazing!
Finally, I would like to thank the staff. They are all incredibly hard working and always go above and beyond to support me and to support each other. Our school is a wonderful place to work and to learn!
The final week!
Monday – Panto visit, Forum 28
- We will be having an early lunch at 11:15am – please make sure your child’s dinner is ordered.
- We will be taken by two coaches to the Forum 28 at 12:15pm
- We expect to return to school by coach for 3:30pm but, the Panto has run over in the past so please be patient and understand that it is beyond our control.
Tuesday – Class 2 trip to Safari Zoo & Choir singing at Staveley House
- Class 2 will walk to the Safari Zoo, setting off at 9:30am. If the weather is wet, then alternative arrangements will be made.
- The children will need to wear warm and comfortable clothes with a waterproof jacket.
- A Christmas dinner will be provided but a small rucksack with a snack and drink is recommended.
- No money is needed but children can bring up to £5 in a named envelope if you would like them to.
- Children should be collected from the Safari Zoo car park at 3:00pm.
- If your child is attending the After-School Club, please ensure they are booked in and then they will be taken to Buccleuch Hall by staff.
- The children will be
accompanied by myself, Ms Taylor, Mrs Thompson, Mr Thornton and Mrs
Brettle. Therefore, there will be no-one
in the office on Tuesday.
- Members of the choir will make their annual visit to Staveley House to sing for the residents.
- They will leave at 1:30pm and return before the end of the school day.
- The children will be transported and accompanied by Mrs Hoekstra, Mrs Lawson, Mrs Jarvis and Mrs Bailey.
Wednesday – Christmas Dinner
- Dolce will be providing a Christmas dinner.
- Please ensure you have ordered your child’s dinner, should they want one, through Dolce’s online ordering system.
- KS1 children will be treated to a surprise afterwards!
Thursday – Children’s Christmas Parties
- The children can come to school in party wear.
- They will enjoy nibbles and party games in the afternoon.
- Please ensure you have paid the £1.50 contribution via Parent Mail
Friday – Last Day!
- The children can come into school in non-uniform.
- They will be having an early lunch at 11:30am due to Dalton St Mary’s kitchen closing early for their church service. Please ensure your child’s dinner has been ordered.
- We will close at the usual time of 3:15pm
|Class 1||Milo Morgan||Lottie Roberts||Hallie Heywood||Rhia Waddington-Hindle|
|Class 2||Freddie Munro||Clio Lingard||Ethan Bravery Matheson||Joel Salt|
|Class 3||William Smith||Ben Rixom||Maisy MKN||Jake Payne|
|Class 4||Molly Satterthwaite||Esmee Pybis||Lexie Brettle||Seth Turner|
I would like to say a huge thank you to the number of parents who have still managed to maintain the reading routine this week despite having two busy nights with the performances. We were pleasantly surprised at the number of children in the reading raffle and thought that this was fantastic as we have tried to continue with our normal teaching routines too.
These are useful dates for your diary that will be added to each week. More information about each event will be provided nearer the time. New dates are highlighted, changes to any date/time are in red.
|15-12-19||Christingle Service, St Peter’s Church|
|16-12-19||Whole School visit to Forum 28 – 12:15pm – Panto|
|17-12-19||Choir singing at Staveley House, 1:45pm|
|17-12-19||Class 2 Christmas Trip|
|18-12-19||Christmas dinner day!|
|19-12-19||Christmas Parties – NON UNIFORM|
|20-12-19||Finish for Christmas break – NON UNIFORM|
|07-01-19||Return to school|
I hope you all enjoy a fantastic Christmas and make special memories with your friends and families.